Step into Care is an established sector-based work programme helping people across the city gain employment into the Social Care industry. By understanding the barriers to getting into that first role, we designed a programme to help develop the knowledge, skills and experience social care employers are looking for. To help with this are a supportive team guiding candidates through the employment journey.
Watch this video to learn more about social care in Leeds.
- We ask everyone to attend an Assessment Day; This is based at Merrion House, here we will assess your Values, English and Maths. We ask you to reach a minimum of Entry 3. If you are successful, we will invite you to a Values Based Interview on the day. Right to Work and identification is required so we can complete a DBS (funded by us)
- Successful candidates are then asked to attend some training; This has been developed with social care managers to ensure you are as prepared as possible for working in the industry; Content includes, Safeguarding Adults, Person Centred Care, Role of the Care Worker, Communication, Equality and Diversity, Principals of Care. You will also be asked to complete 8 E-Learning modules which you gain certificates for.
- Once you have received a DBS back, you will complete a shadowing opportunity. This will be with an organisation looking to recruit; we work with all candidates to try and keep roles local to reduce travel time and cost.
- If the shadowing opportunity is successful, you will be offered an interview with the organisation.
Candidates are asked for the following:
- To have no prior formal experience in the social care industry.
- To be able to commit to the training.
- To be able to work at Entry Level 3 in English and Maths.
The Step into Care team are there to support anyone eligible for the programme into a role. All we ask is that you communicate with us so we can fully support you.
For more details please contact us at email@example.com