We are working with Health and Care partners across Leeds to actively recruit motivated, caring and compassionate individuals for care roles across the health and care system.
If you are interested in career in care but unable to commit to a course please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our one-week course, in conjunction with Leeds City College, is an excellent introduction for anyone who is looking to get into the Health & Care Sector.
Throughout the training you will have the opportunity to learn a variety of different care associated tasks such as:
- Moving and handling
- Personal care delivery
- Understanding the importance of nutritional intake
- Dementia training
In addition, you will have the opportunity to achieve an accredited Level 2 qualification in Moving and Handling.
This is delivered through a simulated classroom-based activity, allowing you to make an informed decision about whether this is the right role for you. Training will take place at Leeds City College and will be delivered 09:30-15:00pm Monday- Friday.
Candidates are asked to:
- Work at least 24 hours a week on various shift patterns (7.30-3pm, 7-7.30pm, 12-8pm and 7.30pm – 8am)
- Commit to a one-week course 9.30 till 3:00 PM, Monday to Friday
- Be aged 19 or over on the course start date
- Have the right to legally reside and work in the UK
- Not be in full time education or undertaking an apprenticeship at the time of joining
- Not have undertaken a Skills Connect course in the past (an individual can only receive funding for one course)
- Be able to work at an entry Level 3 in English and maths (this is equivalent to “g grade or grade 1 GCSE)
At the end of the course, you will be supported through an interview process and if successful, you will be made a conditional offer of employment (pending satisfactory recruitment checks) across a variety of different health and care organisations, kickstarting your career.