The Neighbourhood Team Officer role is office-based. In this role you are required to have good IT skills and excellent phone, face-to-face and email communication skills. The role includes managing referrals, allocating workload, monitoring staffing levels and providing a front of office service to staff. A Neighbourhood Team Officer needs to be flexible, innovative and adaptable to change. When working in busy Neighbourhood offices, the ability to time manage and prioritise tasks is essential.
The day-to-day role includes:
- Managing an electronic in-tray via email and the in-house computer system
- Managing referrals and adding care plans to patient records
- Working closely with the Triage Clinician to support patient need
- Requesting equipment for patients
- Managing requests from clinicians, given both verbally and electronically
- Managing waiting lists on in-house computer system