Organisation: West Leeds Primary Care Network (PCN Booking Team)
Salary: £10.50 per hour to start
Location: Pudsey/Bramley area
Closing Date: 8th October 2023
West Leeds PCN is a dynamic and visionary Primary Care Network with a patient population of approximately 68,000 across 6 GP practices. We aim to provide high quality and diverse clinical services across these GP surgeries, adhering to principles of best practice, promoting equal opportunities and working positively with diversity.
We currently have a specialised team of three within our newly created Booking Services team but we need another part time member of staff to join the team to boost capacity as the workload picks up.
Main duties of the job
- Contacting patients in a calm, empathic and professional way via various means (telephone, letter, e mail or SMS etc) to book them into clinics or to remind them about upcoming appointments.
- Answering the phone to patients to book them into the appropriate PCN clinic/s. This will require a good understanding of all of our services so that you can navigate to the right clinic.
- Rearranging patient appointments promptly and sensitively in the case of unplanned clinical staff absences
- Processing patient correspondence on SystmOne and entering the relevant clinical (SNOMED) codes
- Data entry (for example covid vaccinations)
- Assisting practices with their contractual obligations (ie QoF) in order to maximise practice income, for example running clinical reports, booking patients in for elements of healthcare and making sure they are coded thus afterwards.
- Process e consult documents for our member practices promptly and efficiently
- Cover sickness absence within our member practices, assisting front of house / on reception as needed (so car driver would be advantageous)