The Apprentice Health Care Support Worker posts in their Mental Health and Learning Disability Services. By choosing an apprenticeship with them you will gain a diploma qualification in Adult Social Care, a variety of experience and hands-on knowledge.
What the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Adult Social Care involves:
- It’s an 18-month programme
- You will be working 37.5 hours a week in mental health or learning disability services
- You will complete a Level 2 Diploma in Adult Social Care and certificates in Maths and English if required
- The learning part of the apprenticeship is provided online and this can be done remotely
- You will be supported with a tutor and a workplace buddy throughout the apprenticeship period
An Apprentice Health Care Support Worker in mental health and learning disabilities is often the team member spending the most time with service users, so the relationships and trust you develop are really important.
In mental health, you will be working alongside a nurse or Allied Health Professional within a multidisciplinary team, to deliver direct care to service users. You will learn to support vulnerable people with many parts of their daily lives, helping them to take care of themselves and live a fulfilled life.