We are working with Health and Care partners across Leeds to actively recruit motivated, caring and compassionate individuals for care roles across the health and care system.
Our one-week course, in conjunction with Leeds City College, is an excellent introduction for anyone who is looking to get into the Health & Care Sector.
Throughout the training you will have the opportunity to learn a variety of different care associated tasks such as:
- Moving and handling
- Personal care delivery
- Understanding the importance of nutritional intake
- Dementia training
In addition, you will have the opportunity to achieve an accredited Level 2 qualification in Moving and Handling.
This is delivered through a simulated classroom-based activity, allowing you to make an informed decision about whether this is the right role for you. Training will take place at Leeds City College and will be delivered 09:30-15:00pm Monday- Friday.
Candidates are asked to:
- Work at least 24 hours a week
- Commit to a one-week course 9.30 till 3:00 PM, Monday to Friday
- Have been a resident in the UK for more than three years plus or be an asylum seeker or refugee
- Be able to work at an entry Level 3 in English and maths (this is equivalent to “g grade or grade 1 GCSE)
At the end of the course, you will be supported through an interview process and if successful, you will be made a conditional offer of employment (pending satisfactory recruitment checks) across a variety of different health and care organisations, kickstarting your career.