If you want to make a difference to people’s lives every day, there’s a social care job for you. When working in social care, what’s it’s important is your values and attitude and feeling passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of people who have care and support needs. In social care you’ll be helping people to live more independently and have a better quality of life.
There are a range of roles across the sector from entry level roles such as care or support workers where you might not require any qualifications, through to roles such as registered managers, nursing & social worker roles, which require formal qualifications. As well as frontline role’s there are there are many other support roles in the sector such as HR, IT, administrative support, catering and maintenance type roles.
Ongoing professional and skills development is key to the sector, this means that people working in the social care sector have plenty of opportunities to gain further qualification’s and to progress in their career in care should they wish to.
Social care is a growing sector, there a plenty of opportunities available often within your local area and demand for staff in this sector is increasing.
Here are some of the values and behaviours you might need to work in social care:
• Treat people with dignity and respect
• Good at working with others
• Committed to quality care and improving lives
• Willing to learn and develop at work
Here are examples of how these values might look in your everyday work
• You spend time listening to people to get to know them and their needs
• You respect people’s right to make their own choices and decisions
• You’re committed to working as part of a team
• You give people your full attention and help people when they need it most
Adult Social Care providers are based across the city and will usually recruit locally.