Data Analyst Apprenticeship
This 15-month level 4 data analyst apprenticeship was first launched in September 2020, and aims to build digital and analytical skills for health and care employees in Leeds.
Having spotted an area of improvement to make better use of data and digital technology, and develop analytical skills, we partnered with Multiverse to deliver this cross-organisational initiative that aims to up-skill the Leeds health and care workforce in advanced data analysis, and in-turn, improve patient care.
A first of its kind in the city, this industry-leading programme brings colleagues together from across the system to develop knowledge and skills in partnership with each other, and prompts individuals to progress new ways of working back in their host organisations. The programme combines cutting-edge technical expertise with values-based leadership development, with apprentices gaining two qualifications in data analysis.
Who is this apprenticeship for?
Anyone employed within health and/or care who works with data in their role. This could be the analysis, manipulation or visualisation of data, or gaining predictive insight from data being worked with.
Example departments/roles that this programme is relevant for include, but are not limited to:
- Data Analytics (e.g. Data Analyst, Workforce Analyst, Senior Analytical Manager)
- Information (e.g. Service Analyst, Information Analyst, Analytical Support Officer)
- Performance (e.g. Business Analyst, Analytical Officer, Intelligence Manager)
- Operations (e.g. Commercial Operations Data Manager, Senior Project Officer, Project Administrator)
- Finance (e.g. Finance Analyst)
- HR (e.g. HR Manager)
What skills and experience does the apprenticeship provide?
- Use data analytics to produce actionable insights.
- Develop machine learning capabilities to implement predictive models.
- Be taught by industry experts. Participants receive 1:1 monthly coaching to ensure skills are applied to their specific roles and responsibilities.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification – Data Analyst Level 4.
- Learn skills using languages such as Python, SQL and R.
- Gain experience using tools such as Excel, Tableau and PowerBI.
What is the time and cost commitment?
The programme is fully funded by the Apprenticeship Levy, so there is no commercial cost to the participating, levy-paying organisations. For non-paying levy organisations, we will be able to help facilitate a donation to enable members of staff to enrol.
The average monthly time commitment per applicant is as follows:
- 7 hours learning (teaching and 1:1 coaching sessions)
- 5 hours reflection (assignment activity and reviewing with line manager)
- 18 hours application of learning (applying new skills at work)