Data Analyst Apprenticeship
The Leeds Health and Care Academy, in partnership with Multiverse, are providing an exciting opportunity for health and care staff in Leeds to upskill in data analysis. This fully-funded qualification empowers the Leeds health and care workforce to make better use of data, and provides a unique opportunity for colleagues working in different organisations to collaborate and learn together.
During the course, you will learn how to use data to create efficiencies in your work, and gain experience in impactful digital and data languages and tools. You will apply your new skills within your role, enabling you to learn whilst working on your daily tasks.
It’s not just about technical expertise either. This course combines expanding your data knowledge with values-based leadership development, offering an impactful and well-rounded learning opportunity.
Who is this course for?
Anyone employed within health and/or care in Leeds who works with data in their role can apply. Example departments/roles that this programme is relevant for include:
- Data Analytics (e.g. Data Analyst, Workforce Analyst, Senior Analytical Manager)
- Information (e.g. Service Analyst, Information Analyst, Analytical Support Officer)
- Performance (e.g. Business Analyst, Analytical Officer, Intelligence Manager)
- Operations (e.g. Commercial Operations Data Manager, Senior Project Officer, Project Administrator)
- Finance (e.g. Finance Analyst)
- HR (e.g. HR Manager)
What skills and experience does the course provide?
- Use data analytics to produce actionable insights.
- Develop machine learning capabilities to implement predictive models.
- Be taught by industry experts. Participants receive 1:1 monthly coaching to ensure skills are applied to their specific roles and responsibilities.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification – Data Analyst Level 4.
- Learn skills using languages such as Python, SQL and R.
- Gain experience using tools such as Excel, Tableau and PowerBI.
This is an apprenticeship, and all participants will gain the internationally recognised Data Analyst Level 4 qualification. Apprenticeships are a brilliant way to develop your career and gain a qualification whilst still fulfilling your day-to-day role.
This course also offers a unique opportunity to network and build relationships with colleagues across the sector. You will be assigned an ‘Accountability Partner’ who will be a fellow learner from a different organisation, who will work alongside you as a peer. Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to speak to like-minded individuals who work in similar settings, who you can share best practice with – helping us to develop as one Team Leeds.
What is the time and cost commitment?
The programme is fully funded by the Apprenticeship Levy. The average monthly time commitment per applicant is as follows:
- 7 hours learning (teaching and 1:1 coaching sessions)
- 5 hours reflection (assignment activity and reviewing with line manager)
- 18 hours application of learning (applying new skills at work)
Applications for this course are now closed. If you’d like to register your interest for a place on the next Data Analyst cohort, please fill out the form via the button below.