Manchester Metropolitan University have partnered with the Leeds Health and Care Academy to offer their unique degree apprenticeship.
About The Apprenticeship
The Chartered Manager in Health and Social Care apprenticeship allows you to study at University level, earn a degree and other qualifications whilst continuing to work in your current role. You will apply learning in practice, as this accelerated two year programme recognises the experience of on-the-job leadership and management. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop with colleagues from across the Health and Care system, increasing your knowledge, skills and confidence as a leader. There will also be opportunities to make changes and improvements to your current work and team.
About Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
MMU is the largest University provider of Degree Apprenticeships in the UK and is the highest placed University for 4 years running in Rate My Apprenticeship 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. This programme has been co-designed across Health and Care in Manchester and will be led and delivered by a multi-disciplinary team across Business School and Faculty of Health and Education.
Contents Of The Programme
As part of the programme you will have 16 taught days per year, these will be split into 8 face-to-face sessions in Leeds and 8 virtual sessions. The programme is assessment based and there will be no exams. You will have:
- Dedicated skills coach support with quarterly three-way progress reviews with apprentice.
- Line manager and skills coach- this review will be recorded on MMU’s e-Learning platform.
- Access to a full suite of university support including study skills and libraries.
There is also the option of accreditation of prior learning (APL) for those who have studied leadership and management or similar, please include this in your application and you may be exempt from some modules. Off the job training averages to 6 hours per week. This can look very different week to week and will vary for individuals depending on different roles and modules. It will include:
- Work-based learning – discussions with supervisor/ line manager, mentoring colleagues, applying learning in your role.
- Specific activities you identify with your tutor and manager e.g. shadowing other learners.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will gain the following qualifications:
- BA (Hons) Business Management Professional (Executive)
- Mary Seacole Award
- Chartered Manager status with the Chartered Management Institute
- Level 6 apprenticeship
You must work 30 hours+ per week on a permanent or fixed term contract, taking you to the end of May 2025 or later.
Functional skills level 2 in Maths and English.
A minimum of 2 years management experience.