Post Title: Project Officer
Salary: Band 6 (£33,706-£40,588)
Job Type: 12 months fixed term – secondments welcome
Working Pattern: Full time, part time, job share, annualised hours, secondment, flexible working. We’re happy to discuss your preferences.
Location: Hybrid working – a mix of home working, office based at Leeds General Infirmary or at partner offices, e.g. Merrion House
Who are Leeds Health and Care Academy?
Established in 2019, the Leeds Health and Care Academy offers a unique opportunity for people to learn and develop together across organisational boundaries, as one Team Leeds. We are a partnership organisation and work on behalf of the entire health and care sector in Leeds ensuring that our city is equipped with the highly diverse, skilled workforce needed now, and in the future. More information can be found in our annual report and on our website: https://leedshealthandcareacademy.org/news/
What will the role involve?
The Leeds One Workforce Officer will support and contribute to the successful delivery of One Workforce Strategic Priorities by providing effective workforce/ HR expertise and project support to enable the outcomes of the Leeds One Workforce to be realised. The role will manage competing priorities and ensuring consistency of approach with a key focus on delivery and quality. Below is an overview of the diverse collaborative projects which you would be involved in.
Within this role you will support and contribute to:
- The development and progression of projects from the Leeds One Workforce Programme of work. Working under the guidance of the Strategic Workforce Business Partner and with key stakeholders, to deliver health and care workforce projects, from their inception through to end of project assessment and evaluation.
- Act as a valued partner to stakeholders, presenting workforce advice, which may be complex and sensitive from a HR/ Workforce perspective, and adapting the message to reflect the needs of the audience.
- Project planning, coordination and production of associated project documents and tracking including project scope, issues, risks and regular updates to project leads and partners.
- The effective monitoring, update, configuration, change management and version control of programme and project documents.
- Identification, monitoring, tracking and capturing of programme, project and workstream benefits.
- Preparation of briefings, reports, publicity and other materials, and the presentation of these in ways that meet the needs of different audiences.
What are the key skills and experience for the role?
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an experienced project officer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will:
- Have experience and expertise in supporting complex projects across a range of partners, at a local, regional or national level.
- Be able to work collaboratively across partner organisations and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and be able to co-ordinate multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Be a skilled communicator and be able to adapt their style to a range of audiences.
- Work autonomously to drive progress within the remit of the role.
- Be flexible and adaptable in supporting projects, identifying solutions and managing risks.
- Evidence the impact of their work through robust evaluation and feedback.
What is the team like?
The Academy is an ambitious, friendly and dynamic team that works across a number of health and care partners in Leeds. If you join us, you’ll be in a fantastic position to deliver a high-profile impactful project which will make a difference to partners and people across Leeds.
Why is the role fixed term?
The project has been awarded time-limited funding. We would welcome applicants on either a secondment or fixed term basis and support applications from those looking for part-time or flexible working arrangements.
If you join us, we’ll support you with a personal development plan, access to training & development opportunities across the Leeds system and you’ll be in a fantastic position to grow your networks, skills and develop your career.